Eindhoven Engine News February 2021
We started this year with some really nice highlights, and we would like to share these with you. Although we are still working remotely, we have put a lot of effort into the Eindhoven Engine OpenCall 2021. On 3 February, we announced that the OpenCall 2021 is open. The opening of our co-location (MMP building) is another highlight. MMP is now ready to welcome our Eindhoven Engine community to collaborate, connect and get inspired! Let’s hope we can do this safely as soon as the COVID-19 measures allow.
In this edition, you can read an interview with Sonja Vos, CEO of TU/e Participations and TU/e shareholder of Eindhoven Engine. With this interview, we have completed our trilogy on sharing the views of Eindhoven Engine’s founders – TU/e, TNO and Fontys – on how to accelerate innovation in Eindhoven Engine and the need for agile innovation. Jaap Lombaers (TNO) and Ella Hueting (Fontys) gave their interviews in previous editions of the newsletter.
Today, the project in focus is SmartMan. Hans Krikhaar (Fontys project leader of SmartMan) and Kees Adriaanse (Fontys Liaison Officer at Eindhoven Engine and program leader of Fontys Centre of Expertise High-Tech Systems & Materials) explain the various aspects of smart manufacturing and collocative work by students on behalf of SMEs during this innovative project.
Also in this edition:
- ‘Isolation gowns’ innovation competition project selected for the RVO SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research)
- Eindhoven Engine project vacancies for students
- ‘Kracht van de Regio’ podcast: Eindhoven Engine as example of a RegioDeal project, discusses the successful formula of projects and their added value
- Eindhoven Engine Academy news: Business Model Innovation in an Exponential World by Walter Baets, Learning Officer Eindhoven Engine Academy
- Eindhoven Engine Community of Practice
- PDEng Design Challenge
Enjoy your read and become part of our community! Stay safe and healthy.
Katja Pahnke and Maarten Steinbuch